50 first blog

While I was going through my posts in the dashboard, I filtered it on Published and saw 50 as the NUM83R. It's true that NUM63R5 alone don't count but i derived certain satisfaction in having reached this number.

Apart from the satisaction part, there was a disturbing aspect to it. I could see 23 drafts, most of which are un-developed and some under-developed. Those are mosly ideas which I just had at some point and then I just couldn't get back to taking them to completion. Few are as old as 6 months!
Here is what I plan to do and why:
  • I am planning to devise something known as an f-link (link to a future blog). The reason some of my blogs are unpublished is because i wanted them to link to another of my blog ideas. Having created this artificial dependency, one blocking blog impacts more blogs. So, the f-link.
  • I will keep putting Sneak peek posts every month or so to give an idea of my work in progress blogs. It will serve two purposes:
    - If readers have any input, I might be able to use it
    - I will feel more accoutable for writing those blogs once I have made a public committment.
  • Weed out outdated drafts. Clutter promotes inefficiency. (Talk to any tarot reader and you will find out how much they believe in this, I do too!)

To summarize, I would say clogging, so far has been like exercising to me. Here is how

  • It is hard work and sometimes you need to motivate yourself to finish it (Did I just earn a few disapprovals and raised eye-brows!)
  • It feels great when you finish it
  • In the long run, you will be better of with it than without it.
Note: Write the first Sneak peek of the Series.

Comments (1)

Congratulations on the half century..All those who read this, please browse through the older archives, there are some really nice posts in there.